First … please allow me to express gratitude to ‘the infinite’ for sending me four marvelous teachers while at the Miami International Book Fair:
(1) I want to thank Monica (a 16 year old girl) who shared that she would wake up in the morning feeling angry for no reason, and wondering why. We had a marvelous discussion about ‘the polarity of thinking’ and how to handle it. Such a young inquiring mind – what a gift to humanity
(2) I want to Thank Rhonda, (a woman in her early twenties) who insisted on paying for my book (180) when I tried to give her a free one. Rhonda was such a delight (and such wisdom at such a young age). She said that she would get no value from the book if she did not pay for it. Rhonda said, “I wouldn’t even be motivated to read it, if I am not willing to give something so I know it is worth something”. She affirmed one of the basic life principles; the inexorable principle of ‘sowing and reaping’.
(3) I want to thank Jeffrey (a young man around age 18), who was ‘set back’ when I offered him a free 180 book. He inquired, “What’s the gimmick?” I told him, “I believe in ‘The Law of Multiple Returns’, and if I cause a smile or give value, I receive a multiple of the same back from the infinite … there is no gimmick.” His facial expression changed and a wonderful smile came over him. This was a transformational moment for Jerome. It was a moment of shear delight for me.
(4) I want to thank John R. (a man in his forties), who exclaimed, “If you want me to buy a book from you … you are going to have to work for it – what is so valuable about your book?” What a gift! Michael got me off my duff. I explained what made my 180 book special. He proceeded to buy one for himself and one for his 12 year old son (who was with him). He said, “you cannot start too early, learning to train the mind” , as he gave the second book to his son. We had something else in common: he loves Dennis Waitley’s stuff (me too).
And now … I want to share with you a few insights that I had while meditating at the ocean’s edge at South Miami Beach (during the evenings of the book fair).
(1) What is the prime purpose of animal life (to human beings)?
The answer came: animals teach us how to survive on this planet. They intuitively understand the rules of earthly living … and if we pay attention to them, we learn what we need to know to have nature cooperate with us.
(2) What is the prime purpose of apparent imperfection that human beings notice on earth (harsh weather, disease, earthquakes, tooth decay, and the likes)?
The answer came: The destructive forces found on planet earth are necessary to keep human beings on their toes (so they do not get too complacent). How else are we to exercise our superlatively creative skills and experience ourselves as the supreme beings that we are?
(3) What would it be like if earth was always a heavenly state?
The answer came: It would be like hell = BORING. What would be so much fun about living in a physical body and achieving your dreams in every instant? = NOTHING. There would be no exhilarating feeling of triumph, no sense of winning, no enjoyment of overcoming obstacles if our lives were always with no struggles.
Wow, this blog is chock full of wisdom and important life-lessons.Can you feeeel it?
Choose one illuminating bit of information that you’ve gleaned from this blog … and comment on it … please.
Perhaps you have a personal life-story to validate it?
Do it for you … because when you share with others – you cannot help but personally gain from it.
Thank you … and … blessings
See some pictures of rob and Mind Adventure at the Miami International Book Fair here.
P.S. We are back! This Thursday, 12/2 at 8:00PM EST rob will be hosting an Interactive Mastermind Alliance Webinar. This life transforming Webinar promises to be enlightening as well as empowering … and a lot of fun! To join this weeks event: http://vivu.tv/portal/Join?flow=253-203-1509
180 is on J.D. Meier’s list of “Insightful Leadership Books” on Sources of Insight