There is nothing more rejuvenating than making it your task to gather life-liberating truths that encourage you and strengthen your attitude. Write these truths down in a blank diary book and consider this your Personal Bible. After you write them down, write a brief sentence or two about what they mean to you. It is your sacred text. You are deliberately creating the prominent ideas that you want taking central stage in your mind.
The purpose of your Personal Bible is to offer you a kingly confidence that motivates you to take chances. Your Personal Bible will disintegrate old self-destructive thought-habits. Make it a habit to refer to your Personal Bible daily, and there will be no space in your day to indulge in the false pleasures that worrisome, negative emotions offer you.
Apply the principle of ‘use it or lose it’ to begin thinking fresh and new. The way to lose suppressing thoughts is to repeatedly expose yourself to inspiring thoughts that lift you.
Tips to begin your Personal Bible.
1. Go out and purchase a worthy blank book.
2. Learn the art of self-restraint — curb those automatic thought-impulses that reactively express through you.
3. What quotes move you?
4. What lyrics inspire you?
5. What poems do you cherish?
6. What lines from a movie lift you?
7. What advice, from a teacher or friend, motivates you?
8. What paragraphs from texts serve as guiding principles for you?
9. Whenever you come across a thought that offers you a blast of triumphant faith in yourself – put it in your bible and personalize it by writing what it uniquely means to you.