You are that which you believe you are. You are the conceiver of the image you hold as true about you. You are not only the conceiver, you become a living demonstration of the concept. As the conceiver, you are able to change your mind about the kind of person you will be. As the concept, you are able to express and experience a new identity at will.
Find it NOT strange that you can reinvent yourself anew. This and more you can do. Who told you that you had to be the person that you now consider yourself to be. Where is it written that if you don’t like how who you consider yourself to be, there’s nothing you can do about it?
You were born with the ability to recreate yourself anew anytime you want to. It doesn’t happen without a deep conviction to prove as true the new YOU that you conceive yourself to be. But with conviction comes right effort and consistency, and with right effort and consistency comes transformation. Consistency is required if you’re going to break through the beliefs that stop you from expanding into the new you.
- What will it feel like if the “new YOU” were to take over your life?
- What new mood would dominate your consciousness?
- What would your attitude be when you think about your future?
- Learn to imagine yourself as that “new YOU” in vivid details until the new mood and attitude begin to take you over.
- Sustain that feeling for seven seconds, and then drop it.
- Do it again a few minutes later.
- Do it seven times.
To get into the feeling of satisfaction seven times for seven seconds will begin the process of transformation. Your new self-concept begins objectifying physically when you make it a habit to visit that feeling seven times daily over seven days. Proof that you are on your way will show up in your personality on the seventh day if you’ve been consistent with the process. If you haven’t been consistent – start again.
What have you got to lose; try it.