If it wasn’t for Freud, who felt there was more to the mind than what we could consciously see, and who began investigating what goes on deeper – we wouldn’t know of the mighty power of the subconscious.
Where Freud may have fallen short is that he never came to the realization that the subconscious need not be feared. In fact, the subconscious is actually a wonderfully productive tool when it’s directed consciously for producing good and beautiful results.
Yes, the subconscious may contain negative patterns that you unintentionally placed there during childhood moments of fear and pain, BUT, they can be replaced with something new.
Freud emphasized that human beings are first and foremost, mental and emotional beings, and that’s proven to be very true. Your way of thinking has everything to do with your way of living. And the way you think comes almost entirely from the way you’ve trained your subconscious to think.
You can retrain your subconscious to think differently. There is a science to affirmations, that if properly applied, enables you to get your subconscious mind working for you. Here it is, stated simply:
1. Affirm what you want in the present tense and with a simple, positive statement. You are making a suggestion, until your subconscious assumes it’s true. Once the subconscious assumes it’s true, it goes to work to prove it’s true to you.
2. Repeat that affirmation over time until you can exclaim, “It’s mine.” That happens when you can feeeel the realness of it. If you don’t feeeel it, you don’t own it.
Do these two scientific steps seem too simple? It’s that simple. What’s missing when most folks affirm a positive, is that they don’t understand the purpose. It’s to feeeeel as though it’s ALREADY SO (not like it’s going to happen; like it has happened). Yes – like it’s a memory of something that has already transpired. The subconscious does not know the difference between a vivid imagining that feeeels real and an actual happening. That’s where you come in. Use your conscious mind to add all the vividness that you can to make it feeeel as real as possible – otherwise your affirmation is nothing more than vain repetition.
Want to get rich quick? This guide is a lot of fun: How To Turn A Pebble Into Gold
Be sure to check out my latest feature in the Huffington Post:
- 5 Tricks For Bringing Commitment To Your Resolutions – Illustrated
- The True Gift Of Holiday Giving – Illustrated
- Wisdom From The Wind – Five Gael Force Lessons.
- Rob White’s Tips For Greater Happiness – Illustrated.
Tune into WROAR every Friday for a unique blend of personal success stories & practical “WOW over WOE” tips & techniques.
New: Why Was I Born?