Listen to the audio companion of “What’s in Your Psychic Fuel Tank?” You choose whether you are being fueled by the Counterfeit Self or your Authentic Self.
You require an emotional life to feel the thrust of aliveness. I’ve pointed out, in my new book – A Second Chance At Success – that positive emotions support inspiring addictions, which make you feel invigoratingly alive. When feeling positive, you are confident and enthusiastic.
Student: What do an emotionless existence or negative emotions do to me?
Teacher: When you suppress all emotions, your life is boring and you feel listless – there’s no thrust. When you are emotionally alive with negative emotions, life is threatening and the thrust is one of nervousness.
You require an emotional life to feel alive at all.
What common negative emotions make you nervous?
It’s your turn:
What positive emotions make you feel invigoratingly alive?
It’s your turn:
Every one of us needs to fill our psychic fuel tank with positive emotions. When we are alive with positive emotions – we thrive. When our psychic fuel tank is empty of positive emotions – we barely survive.
“There is nothing more useful to man than that which most agrees with his own nature.” – Spinoza.
How do I know that positive emotions most agree with my own nature? I notice that when I am feeling positive about myself and life – I sleep well, I am productive, I am happy and I am effective with the action I take to accomplish my dreams. I also experience harmonious relationships everywhere I go.
What happens when I am not filling my psychic fuel tank with positive emotions? I can be certain that negative emotions are pouring in. The World-Voice (the news media), will give me plenty of negative world-conditions, circumstances and events to think about.
Negative emotions tell us that our psychic gas tank is empty. Fear, worry and anxiety are indicators that joy, confidence and peacefulness are absent.
An abundance of negative emotions signals us that our
psychic fuel tank is empty of positive emotions.
Student: How do we fill our psychic gas tank with positive emotions?
Teacher: As written in Rob’s book, A Second Chance At Success, we must call an MD.
The way to call an MD (a Marvelous Denial on the negative thoughts that are influencing you), is to Return to the truth.
1. Return to the truth – you are a marvelously made being and worthy of all that is good and beautiful.
2. Return to the truth – there is more in the world to support you than to oppose you.
3. Return to the truth – you are capable of handling all problems and difficulties that arise in your life.
It’s your turn:
3. Return to the truth – _________________________________________________
4. Return to the truth – _________________________________________________
If you are proud of the fact that you are ‘marvelously made’ – this is great. This is what gives you strength and courage and confidence. Take a moment now to feel the pride that comes with being ‘marvelously made’. What a great, positive feeling!
If you are happy to know that ‘there is more in the world to support you than oppose you’ – this is great. This has you stop feeling inferior to anything or anyone. Rid yourself of the feeling of inferiority, and an inspiring thought will come to you. What a great positive feeling this thought will bring with it!
If you are confident that ‘you can handle all problems and difficulties in your life’ – this is great. The fires of joy and enthusiastic passion rekindle within you. Now, those are incredibly powerful positive emotions, aren’t they!
Notice what happens when you start thinking from the point of view that you are marvelously made … that the world supports you … that you can handle whatever life hands you. What comes up for you when you think this way?
1. How do you feel emotionally __________________?
2. What vision of a past success presences itself in your memory __________________?
3. What dream or aspiration does it bring to mind _________________?
All of your emotions move you. Even anger and revenge move you, but usually in the wrong direction. However, there can be guidance in anger and revenge. Look at the negative emotion from a positive perspective:
A. Perhaps what angers you can inspire you to try to change things for the better?
B. Perhaps you can use the energy of revenge to seek to make amends?
1. When I feel angry because of a suggestion of inferiority or weakness, I consider the anger coming from a higher and nobler source. This source is telling me to set myself free from such foolish insinuations. I then respond lovingly, and consider this an expression of my emotional sovereignty. I convert the emotions from a perspective of ‘WOE is me’ to one of ‘WOW is me’. Sweet victory! There’s a whole chapter on this in my book, A Second Chance At Success.
2. It’s your turn; how do you convert negative emotions into positive activity: ___________________________________________________________________
I am happy and productive when I take the time to fill my psychic fuel tank with positive emotions. Life invites me to enjoy it’s true brightness, but I cannot take that bright life-journey if my psychic fuel tank is empty of positive emotions. Can you?
I hope you will participate in this pop quiz. I give myself pop quizzes all of the time. The teacher is his own best student. Please leave a comment to help others learn from your answers.
Thank you and blessings
On a side note: If you are in Boston, you cannot afford to miss our next Mind Adventure Meetup. Space is very limited. More info here.