Rob was the keynote speaker for The Luxury Marketing Council of New England last tuesday. This weeks blog is the outline of Rob’s presentation on the Three Vital Steps of Establishing a Prosperity Consciousness. Rob takes the conversation deeper with co-host Deeone Higgs on this weeks WROAR broadcast of “I Love Money and Money Loves me.”
Prosperity consciousness … a flow of power from abstractions we hold in mind to the dirt on the street. (Carnegie believed the streets were literally paved with gold)
Our word creates our world. There are three steps to take in order to create a consciousness of prosperity; a consciousness that has you awake to higher levels of abundance in your life, in all domains of your life – mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, financially, socially, and with family.
Step 1 – clarity … a prerequisite for being prosperous
A. Clear visions of what we DO want … not what we do NOT want.
B. Moving toward a life of continual enrichment, not moving away from those fearful visions that we want to avoid.
C. Clarity comes with guiding principles that we never waiver from…
If it is to be, it is up to me.
WOE to WOW.
D. Clear visions of material comforts, of action to be taken, thoughts to be thunk, and of our psychological evolution – Authenticity over artificiality.
E. Clarity of emotional desire – a deep burning yearning that gets you up in the morning and puts you to bed at night. The quality of your desire to experience prosperity gives you the quality of your experiences of life.
F. Clarity is a place to begin; it’s a habit we want to cultivate –
“Do the thing, and you shall have the power; do not do the thing and you shall not have the power.” – Emerson
In this case: cultivate clarity of inspiring visions and you shall have the power to manifest them; do not cultivate the clarity, and you shall not have the power.
Step 2 – humor and simplicity …
“The greatest ideas are the simplest.” William Golding, Lord of the Flies
A. Angels fly because they take life lightly. To be too worldly is to depend completely on a rational, linear mind where there is not laughter. This is not how great accomplishers accomplish great things.
B. When you look at a dream with a sense of humor, and break it down into it’s simple parts, it lifts your spirit, and you gain an understanding of the nature of the relationship of everything. This leads to intuitively knowing what to do next.
C. Certainly rational, linear thinking is a positive quality to cultivate, but it is not what gave Einstein his understanding of the fundamental nature of time, space and energy.
D. When I learned to approach money from a perspective of humor and simplicity, I came to understand the rules of money, how to attract and manage money, money’s real purpose in my life and the role money plays in my life.
1. Rule of Money – I love money and money loves me.
2. How to attract money – Seek excellence in whatever you do, and give incredible service.
3. How to manage money – pay yourself 10% first, and make a multiple claim on all money that you benevolently offer to others.
“I love money. I believe it is one of man’s marvelous inventions of circulation. I accept this fact. I accept this fact right now. I accept this fact as the basis of my financial affairs. I manage money with wisdom; I release it with joy, I send it forth without a feeling of risk but in absolute safety – knowing that a multiple return is coming back to me.”
4. The purpose of money is to use it in meaningful ways that fulfill your Raison D’etre (your reason for being).
STEP 3 – MASTERY… doing what it takes to go beyond your current comfort zone
A. You gain mastery when you see everything in your life as a ‘means to a greater end’ … not a reward.
1. Money is a means of accomplishing more in your life, and a means of experiencing more enrichment in your days and weeks and years. When money is a ‘means to a greater end’, we no longer have to deal with feelings of inadequacy and unworthiness.
2. In this room right now, everything in this room right now offers a means to help you fulfill on your dreams – the people around you, the chair you are sitting on, the climate control … everything!
3. Everything becomes an effective facility (means to an end) when you improve your ability to seek excellence in all that you do. Excellence is an important part of mastery.
a. Going the extra mile.
b. Whirlpool ad – excellence is an endangered species.
4. What do you have in your life that supports mediocrity? What do you have that supports excellence and mastery?
a. Drop the phrase, “Oh, that’s good enough.”
b. Clean out the garage, the glove compartment; clean off your desk.
c. Mastery requires discipline, alertness and practice, it requires an elevated consciousness … which brings you back around to a consciousness of prosperity.
On a side note: If you are in Boston, you cannot afford to miss our next Mind Adventure Meetup. Space is very limited. More info here.