I consider the level of ‘mastery’ to be when we have risen above the complications of that which we are mastering.
An athlete – that masters his sport – rises above the complications that are required to play the sport with superb skill. (A golfer who is considered a master, has risen above the complication of proper posture, balance swing etc).
A musician – that masters an instrument – rises above the complications required to play the instrument with superb skill. (A world-class concert pianist – considered a master – has risen above the complications of learning to play scales, chords, and arpeggios on the keyboard).
Now, let’s look at ‘mastering life’ … that would be someone who has risen above the complications of ‘making a living’. This person is fully alive! This person fully participates in life with no holding back. This person looks at life from a consciousness of prosperity of every nature. This person experiences enriching experiences in all domains of life: spiritually, mentally, physically, family, financially, socially and emotionally.
I love aspiring for more mastery in the different domains of living.
- spiritually – I see to it that I do something to help the needy at least once a week …. I score myself an 8 out of 10
- mentally – I read a lot and meditate daily …. I score myself a 9 out of 10
- physically – I exercise daily and eat properly (most of the time) … I score myself an 8 our of 10
- family – I see to it that I give valuable family time daily (expressing love) … I score myself an 8 out of 10
- financially – I’ve gone from debt to financially independent … I feel I’ve reached 10
- socially – I have loads of friends and a busy social calendar (I see to it that I always supports my friends with setting the bar higher and making the leap) … I feel I’ve reached 10
- emotionally – I am much more at peace with myself and with life than I was several years ago … I score myself a 7.5 out of 10
Who do you feel has mastered life (someone from the past or alive right now)?
Who do you feel has mastered a specific domain of life?
What domains of your life have you mastered (or are closing in on mastering)?
I love your feedback …….. thanks.