When I listen to the pendulum of the time clock in my living room, its constant tick tock reminds me that time marches on in spite of what I may try doing with it or neglecting to do with it. I then decided to look at what I love about the marching of time.
I came up with this list of why I appreciate marching time in order to help me see how wonderful life can be:
1. Marching time enabled me to trade in my foolish teenage bad habits for more insightful and productive action as I advanced toward maturity.
2. Marching time enabled me to let go of my ‘quick to anger’ ways for a more flexible point of view
3. Marching time allows me to reap what I’ve sown – if time did not march on, my thought-seeds would never mature into function and form
4. Marching time keeps me in a state of flux. Imagine being the way I was or the way I am forever. Boring!
Have you ever given thought to what marching time can do for you:
1. What hardened thought-habits you can dissolve over time?
2. What illness you can heal over time?
3. What aspiration and aim you can achieve over time?
4. What hurtful relationship you can resolve over time?
Time is a fabulous asset – budget it wisely, and it will support you with your wildest dreams and aspirations. When I make the most of this present moment, I find that I am using time to advance me toward the future I dream of living into.
What is the relationship that you have set up with time? This is a question worth pondering.
Tick Tock Tick Tock.